Briarwood Elementary Invites Veterans and Grandparents to celebrate at Briarwood Friday, November 9, 2018 at 9:00 am
Schedule of Events
9:00* Reception for Veterans/ Grandparents in cafeteria
9:30 Veterans and Grandparents invited to an outdoor ceremony (in case of bad weather, ceremony will take place in gymnasium)
10:00-10:30 Grandparents proceed to grandchildren’s classroom(s) for a visit, Veterans invited to cafeteria
- NO RSVP needed; please share this information with your child’s grandparent.
- arents will receive information from room parents if there is any need for refreshment donations, etc.
- If your child’s grandparent is unable to attend, feel free to invite another special friend or family member.
- Grandparents may split time between classrooms.
Questions? Please Contact Katie Enger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vanessa Watkins (email@example.com).
*NOTE: LATER START TIME THIS YEAR TO ALLOW FOR MORNING DROP-OFF AND TO ALLOW TEACHERS, STAFF AND STUDENTS TO PARK AND ARRIVE ON TIME. PLEASE AVOID ARRIVING EARLY.
Grab your friends, and classmates to join us for the 2018 Bulldog Jog. Saturday, October 20th, 2018 at Briarwood Elementary School. The coveted Bulldog Jog classroom spirit award is up for grabs again and will go to the class with the most participants. Sign up page will by up shortly, or you can sign up with the form below.
Printable Entry Form
Online Entry Form — Enter your participants’ information and then go to MySchoolAnywhere to pay the entry fee.
You’re invited to attend the next PTA General Membership Meeting on Monday, April 16 at 7pm. This informative meeting will cover the following topics. It will be interactive and a time for you to ask questions.
- See the Maker Space – come view demonstrations from several students, plus get a chance to explore this new interactive classroom
- Review the Budget and Teacher Survey
- Vote on Standing Rules – there are several proposed revisions to the Briarwood PTA Standing Rules
- Vote on PTA Slate – the Nominating Committee has completed the placement of PTA Executive Board and Chairs for 2018-2019
The Standing Rules (with proposed revisions marked in red) and the 2018-2019 Slate are available at the links above for your review prior to the meeting.
In addition, the PTA is seeking input from parents prior to the meeting. Please complete this short survey. We’d love your thoughts on how the PTA can best serve the Briarwood community, which events you like, and more.
We hope to see you on Monday, April 16 at 7pm.
Chris Lash, Nancy Batdorf, Erika Saleski and Allison Taylor