SMSD Classroom Celebration Guidelines for food being brought to the classroom and shared with students
- SMSD Well-Being Committee highly encourages non-food classroom birthday celebrations for the health and safety of all students.
- Please remember all foods brought to school for sharing purposes must be in labeled packaging by the manufacturer. (Exception of whole fruits/vegetables).
- All labeled food items must be checked by the classroom teacher and school nurse.
- No homemade food items should be provided to/shared in the classroom. Individuals may bring and consume homemade items, however they must not share.
- Teachers/staff members are responsible to follow all safety measures when providing food in the classroom, fieldtrips, parties, etc.
- Three elementary parties per year may be celebrated with food, following the above guidelines.
- No carbonated sodas or energy drinks will be provided to students.
- All foods/beverages sold to students must meet Smart Snacks in Schools Guidelines.
- Students are allowed and encouraged to have water bottles in the classroom.
- No food or beverages will be provided/sold in competition with food service during the meal serving times.
- Food may not ordered for delivery during the school day for student consumption.
Sponsor a Briarwood library book in recognition of
your student’s birthday!
A book club donation makes a wonderful gift from parents, grandparents,
or anyone looking for a special gift for their Briarwood Bulldog. Kids love
knowing their birthday is celebrated every time their Birthday Book is
HOW DOES IT WORK? IT’S SIMPLE!
- Birthday books are ordered at the beginning of the school year.
- Fill out this form and return it with your
donation of $10/birthday book. Or visit the “our store” tab at
myschoolanywhere.com and order online.
- During the month of your student’s birthday, they will be invited to
select a special book from the library’s current collection. Summer
birthdays are celebrated during the month of their half birthday.
- A book plate with your student’s name and birthday is placed inside
the book. Their “Birthday Book” remains a lasting gift in the library
and will be enjoyed again and again by Briarwood students.
- The first deadline to participate in Birthday Book Club for the 2018-19
school year is August 31, 2018.
View the 2018-19 proposed budget. This budget will be considered and voted on during the August 8th General PTA meeting.
Thanks to all who attended the PTA General Membership Meeting on April 16. We encourage you to take a look at the information presented during the meeting. The presentation covers, at a high level, the areas currently funded by PTA, as well as the survey and evaluation process used with our staff and teachers to determine future funding needs. In addition, we were joined at the meeting by our wonderful social worker, Caren Howes, who talked about her role at Briarwood and how our school would benefit from a full-time social worker.
View the minutes from the meeting.
Get the year off to a great start by familiarizing yourself with the traffic patterns and arrival and dismissal procedures. View the documents below for more information.
Traffic & Drop Off Procedures 2017-18